Public Safety: I will support and resource our police and fire fighters. I have seen firsthand the bravery and impact of our fire fighters as they stood on Newport Ave fighting the Canyon 2 Fire between Peter’s Canyon Reservoir and my neighborhood. They work diligently to ensure we are all safe. I am a graduate of the Orange Police Citizens Academy – Class #40. The experience of being able to ride along with Orange police, learn the many departments within the organization and hear from excellent officers has reinforced my already deep commitment to the police department. I want to ensure Orange continues to be a place in which all children can grow up safe and secure.
Protect Open Space: I will protect our open space and parks. Orange has a natural beauty that all residents should continue to enjoy for decades into the future. We should look to preserve this space, look to build out our recreational locations and fund projects in our parks to engage strong maintenance and upkeep. I will only support open space/recreation on the Sully Miller site and will work consistently to help secure this land for our residents.
Sully Miller Actions
- Property owner should follow through with the LEA’s ruling to investigate the land. The property owner will be held responsible for site clean up should anything requiring clean up be found.
- Have a 3rd party assess the value of this property in its current zoning and in its current shape.
- Look to acquire this property to hold as open space. Look to acquire this land through the following 2 avenues:
- Investigate opportunities for potential grant funding (federal, state, local, organizational, and philanthropic)
- Seek potential public/private partnerships
- Maintain consistent updates at every City Council meeting to ensure an urgent push to acquire the land.
- Work with residents to continue to best understand what their concerns and wishes are for this property (passive/active open space considerations)
- Ensure the Sully Miller property remains protected open space for current residents and their children to enjoy for generations to come.
Strong Financial Health: I will never cast a vote to raise taxes. I will work to ensure that small businesses can open and find success here in Orange. The services and jobs that these businesses bring will drive greater prosperity for all Orange residents. I will leverage my 15 years of industry experience to ensure that we work to balance the budget, make sound cost decisions and prioritize long term financial health.
Homelessness: We are presented with a crisis that requires a proactive approach to address. I will work to provide the resources needed to both support services and our police department; compassionately looking to both provide needed support and to empower police to enforce our city’s laws.
Quality of Life: Orange has a small-town feel, is rich in tradition, has great open space beauty and has been a great home to raise my children. I will look to reinforce Orange traditions, preserve and improve our parks + recreational activities and prioritize decisions that help ensure Orange continues to be a great place for our children to grow up in. Whether playing MLS softball at Hart Park, basketball at Grijalva Park, coaching my son’s South Sunrise Little League team, going to the May Parade or attending the 3rd of July celebration – my family and I have benefited greatly from living here. My decisions will always look to preserve the sweetness of Orange.
Transparency: I am a life-long student, and I will be actively researching and learning how to best serve the city. I will be open and support open dialogue to best understand the desires and concerns of all residents.